The internet is full of potential threats that can harm your privacy and security. If you’re using an Eero WiFi network, surely you’d want the best protection, right? Lucky you because Eero Secure and Eero Security + are readily available.
But is getting Eero Secure worth it? Well, if you’re looking for a subscription service that offers ad blocking, content filtering, safe searching, and advanced threat protection, then this might be something for you.
Before making a purchase, we want to make sure that you get your money’s worth. So here’s everything you need to know about Eero Secure and Eero Security +.
Table of Contents
What is Eero Secure?
Eero Secure is a subscription service that is compatible to all Eero mesh models. So whether you’re using an Eero Beacon or an Eero Pro 6, you wouldn’t have any problems at all.
It covers all mesh routers and devices connected to the network via WiFi or ethernet.
This basic plan is priced at $2.99 monthly or $29.99 yearly. You can save about $5 if you choose the yearly subscription!
The great thing about this is, you can get a 30-day free trial if you’re a new Eero customer. This will give you enough time to decide if this service works best for you or not.
What is Eero Secure+?
Eero Secure+ is a higher-tier subscription that offers extra security features and is also compatible with all Eero mesh models. Compared to the basic plan, Secure+ offers features like a password manager, VPN, antivirus, and DDNS.
This plan is priced at $9.99 monthly and $99.00 yearly. Choosing a yearly subscription can help you save up to $20.
Similar to the basic plan, you are entitled to a free 30-day trial if you’re a new customer.
What features can you enjoy with Eero Secure?
Getting additional security to your Eero wi-fi network is definitely a smart move. With Eero Secure and Secure+, your mobile devices and other smart devices can enjoy these features:
- Advanced network security: the advanced threat protection saves your devices from entering sites that might contain viruses, phishing attacks, malware, and other dangerous threats.
- Adblocking: if you don’t like pop-up ads and all other ads in general, you will definitely enjoy using Block Ad. This feature is highly effective in blocking ads that appear on websites and apps on your computer and mobile device.
- Block and allow websites: this feature is great if you’re parents who want to control what their family can see and not see. You can even customize and assign what sites a specific family member can visit and not visit.
- SafeSearch: when this is enabled, you can filter out specific words and malicious search results on search engines and YouTube.
- Content Filters: parents can keep their kids safe from entering sites with adult content, illegal/criminal content, and violence.
- Eero Activity Center: you can monitor everything in a glance! You can track your family’s activities by going through network insights, security insights, privacy and safety insights, and data usage. You can also stay updated with all of these through a weekly activity report.
- VIP Support: this feature lets you become a top priority whenever you need help with anything and everything!
What features can you enjoy with Eero Secure+?
Are you already impressed with what the basic plan can do? Good! Eero Secure+ also comes with everything that the basic plan offers.
The advantage of getting this plan is that it has additional features that can add maximum security to your smart home.
- 1Password Family: this is a family account that safely stores, shares, and manages log-in details for 4 family members.
- Encrypt.me: this is a personal VPN that protects your IP address. It allows 5 family members to browse the internet safely and privately.
- Malwarebytes: this premium antivirus software scans, cleans, and protects a maximum of 3 devices.
- DDNS: if you want to stay connected to your home network even if you’re on a business trip or a vacation, DDNS is a great feature to use.
How can you access Eero Secure’s Features?
You have the power at your fingertips! You can access all those amazing features through your phone. Just install the Eero app for iOS and android and start the easy, phone-based setup for your Eero account.
If you’re still struggling with how to set up your account or manage your subscription, we got you covered! You can read the entire guideline and setup process here.
Is Eero Secure worth the money?
Here’s the truth: whether Eero Secure is worth it or not all boils down to your preference and budget.
If you want extra protection with enough budget to spare, go get it. But if not, it’s not really required so don’t get it.
The thing is, you really don’t need additional protection because your Eero wifi network already has decent protection. Even without the additional subscription plan, you can still filter content and block any suspicious activity. Eero regularly releases automatic updates so you don’t really need to worry if your protection is “up to date”.
But if you’re a parent and you really want to keep your family safe from potential threats and malicious content they might see online, the additional parental features are definitely useful.
Plus if you’re paying different monthly subscriptions for VPNs, antivirus software, or password manager then we’d suggest getting Eero Secure+. You can save a lot of money and you already have all-in-one protection for your devices.
The Bottom Line
Eero Secure and Secure+ are a great addition to help in protecting your digital footprints.
Overall, the features that each subscription plan offers are a great deal. But as amazing as the features sound, getting the additional security plan is really not worth your money.
Well, unless you’re a parent and someone who pays for subscriptions that are similar to Eero Secure+, then we’d say go get’em.
Joseph Beaulieu says
What does the 99.99 dollar subscription cover? I was unaware i was in a plan that would charge me for a way to have wifi.
Chris Allison says
Is it possible to view, in real-time, the number of outbound / inbound connections? And, to spot possible DDoS attacks and port scans and other malicious behaviors. The real-time graphs similar to the older Watchguard Fireboxes showed all IP addresses and ports in use and current bandwidth usage. It was extremely useful to see, at a glance, who was doing what at any given moment. Also the ability to block someone trying to do dastardly things – with a single click that terminates their current connections and adds them to the block list. Very handy.