The solid pink lighting on the Orbi ring light is due to an error in the network connection. When this happens, WiFi signals will not be transmitted, causing your devices to lose internet signals.
There could be several reasons for this, such as synchronization failure, corrupted firmware, and even the placement of the Orbi router and its satellite. No matter the cause, I’m here to guide you through these troubleshooting steps to get your WiFi up and running in no time!
A power cycle or restart would be the easiest way to fix the pink or magenta light of the Orbi. If that doesn’t work, read on to determine the problem and perform some Orbit troubleshooting to fix it.
Table of Contents
- Why Is My Orbi Lighting Up Pink?
- How to Fix the Pink Light on Your Orbi
Why Is My Orbi Lighting Up Pink?
When there are internet network issues, your Orbi lights up pink. Listed here are the possible reasons:
- ISP issues
- Outdated or corrupted firmware
- Incomplete setup
- Unideal location of Orbi router and satellite
- Loose cable connection
How to Fix the Pink Light on Your Orbi
Reboot or Powercycling
To attempt a WiFi network system reboot, follow these steps:
- Switch off the Orbi main unit and all of its satellites.
- Unplug them from the power source or outlet.
- Reconnect the router and power it back on.
- Allow it some time to fully boot up before proceeding.
- Now you may plug in the satellite and turn it on.
- Enable the automatic pairing of the two devices.
This simple troubleshooting method will fix minor configuration and network difficulties and clear out any unnecessary temporary files that may be weighing down the device’s RAM and slowing it down, causing limited internet access.
Resynch the Router and the Satellite
When there’s an issue with the signal between the satellite and the router, the pink light on the Orbi router might illuminate. And resynchronizing the Orbi units is the optimal solution.
By doing so, a fresh connection will be established between the gadgets, putting an end to the problem. Make sure the satellite and the router are in close proximity to one another before beginning the resync process.
- Ensure that the satellite is connected to a working power supply. Next, power it up.
- To sync your Orbi, hit the SYNC button and hold it down for two minutes.
- Allow three to ten minutes for synchronization to finish. The satellite should flash white while the devices are synchronizing.
Fix Damaged or Loose Cables
Loose or faulty cable connection issues are a common cause of the pink light on Orbi. An ethernet cable connecting the Orbi router to the modem is still necessary for this wireless setup and may be the source of the problem.
Inspect the ports and connectors for signs of physical damage or dampness. Check that no hardware components of your Orbi router, including cables and plugs, are disconnected.
Ensure that the adaptor is connected to the Orbi WiFi system. If you’re using a third-party adapter, its output must match that of the original Orbi adaptor.
To fix loose connections, re-connect the cords, by unplugging and tightly replugging them. You can also try swapping out the cables and see if that helps.
Relocate the Orbit Router and Satellite
Incorrect satellite positioning is another potential problem. Positioning your network equipment centrally in your home, a few feet from the ground is the best and optimal scenario.
It’s important to place the Orbi router closer to the satellite to boost its performance.
- Raise your Orbi a couple of feet above the floor.
- For optimal network performance, keep the distance between the Orbi router and the satellite between 60 and 75 feet.
- Put the Orbi routers in the farthest nooks of your home.
- If your home has more than one story, put the Orbi devices on the upper and lower floors, at opposing corners of the house.
- This is how your Orbi can improve WiFi network performance through obstructions like walls.
Reset Orbi Device to Factory Settings
Connectivity issues can also be due to changes to settings or other errors: hardware connection or software issues. If you have tried other troubleshooting tips and the light is still pink on your Orbi, a reset can resolve this.
Note that this will delete your current settings, password, and name on your WiFi devices. You would have to reconnect all of your devices to the network and reconfigure it.
- Switch on the Orbi gadget
- Turn the gadget around and locate the reset button.
- Insert a paperclip or anything similarly thin and gently press the button.
- Hold the button down for roughly ten seconds. When the Orbi begins flashing amber, you can let off the button.
- Resynchronize your devices and check if the pink light problem has been resolved.
Update Your Orbi Firmware
Outdated firmware can give rise to configuration and compatibility issues. To improve the performance of the devices and avoid these issues, it is important that you check for updates on a regular basis.
Automatic updates usually occur so keep an eye out for notifications of firmware updates. You can also do this manually by doing the following:
- To access your Orbi account, launch your web browser.
- Select “Router Settings” from the “Settings” menu.
- Locate the update check button and press it.
- Get the most updated version if it’s available.
Complete the Setup
If you have a newly-installed Orbi setup, it is possible that you may have missed a few things during installation. An unfinished setup would cause the Orbi pink light.
If you’re having trouble setting up your Orbi WiFi setup, follow these steps:
- Check if your Orbi WiFi router is properly connected to all of your devices.
- Go to orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net into your browser’s URL bar and log in with your credentials. Ensure that there isn’t anything amiss with the connected devices.
- To check the WiFi and satellite settings, go to orbilogin/admin.
Issue from Internet Service Provider
If you are still getting a steady glow of pink after doing these troubleshooting steps, then there must be a major technical issue that causes the interruption of the wireless connection with the Orbi satellite.
Check your internet service provider if there is a power outage in your area that could be causing the poor internet connection.
Contact Netgear Orbi Technical Support
If the pink light on your Orbi WiFi router persists despite your best efforts, it’s time to call in the experts. Get in touch with the Netgear Orbi helpdesk immediately. The phone number 1 (888) 638-4327 can also be used to reach them.
- Netgear Orbi Solutions: What Does the Purple Light Mean and How to Fix It
- Netgear Orbi vs Linksys Velop: Pros & Cons and Verdict
- Netgear Orbi vs Eero: Pros, Cons and Verdict
- Netgear Orbi AX4200 vs. AX6000 RBK752 vs. RBK852
- Netgear Orbi vs Google WiFi: Pros & Cons and Final Verdict
- Netgear Orbi Solutions: What Does the Blue Light Mean and How to Fix It