Do you want to connect your Roku TV to a new Wi-Fi connection? Luckily, almost all Roku models are Wi-Fi-ready. But it gets a bit rocky if you don’t have a remote.
The good thing is that Roku has an app you can use, like an e-remote. So switching from one wireless connection to another is easy. But enrolling in a new network can be an issue.
So here are easy steps on how to connect your Roku to a new Wi-Fi network without a remote. Ready? Let’s jump right in.
Table of Contents
How To Link Roku to Wi-Fi Without a Remote
To begin setting up your Roku TV, make sure you have downloaded the app on your smartphone, and it’s free for iPhone and Android devices.
Once you have the app, follow the process below:
- Use your mobile phone to open the Roku app. Then tap Devices at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Wait for a few seconds until your Roku device appears on the app. Restart your mobile device or the TV if it doesn’t appear within 2 minutes.
- Tap the Roku device once you see it on the app. Your phone will now function as a virtual remote.
- Tap the remote icon and go to Settings.
- Choose Network.
- Choose and tap Set Up Connection. Let the device search for nearby Wi-Fi connections you want to connect to.
- Tap and select the Wi-Fi network you want, then enter the Wi-Fi password.
When your Roku connects to the new wireless network, the virtual remote on your phone will automatically disconnect. But the good news is that you can still keep using it as a virtual remote as long as you’d like.
The app might have more features than regular remote controls. And with regular updates, you might find some interesting features every now and then.
Whether you just bought a new Roku device or trying to reconnect to the internet, your smartphones are there to the rescue.
We hope the method we shared with you helps to solve this issue. If the steps didn’t work, maybe it’s time to consider getting a replacement remote. Or you can also contact customer support for further help and assistance.
Leave a Reply